Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner ( Review)
When my mom brought me these from her drugstore shopping spree, I did't think nor expect much of them. My reaction was some kind of "Meh, I'll give them a try". Well let me tell you, I'm glad I tried them. I've never been into gel liners too much, just because we all have a preference and mine is usually liquid eye liners. I also shied away from gel because it tends to dry out in the pot or gets messy after a while.
Now, on to the review!
Click " Read More" to continue:)
What it claims:
Product website claims:
Three custom shades provide a glamorous look to define and enhance your eye color.
Unique gel cream formula glides-on effortlessly and smoothly while providing the definition of a liquid eyeliner.
Long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant formula provides 24-Hour definition.
Stackable eyeliner pots can be pulled apart for individual use on-the-go.
- Pigmentation - Amazing. The shades are strong, especially the black. I love the black one and I wish they made it separate, so that I could always restock on a black gel liner from them without having to buy two other shades with it.
- Texture - Creamy, applies smoothly like butter and do not transfer onto your eyelids.
- Long Lasting? - Yes! These stick to your eyelids very well. And do not count on lazily washing them off with a bit of water, it just won't happen. Can be used as a cream eyeshadow as well and it works wonders. Many compared it to the Maybelline Color Tattoo shadows which are also great, and said it lasts even longer :)
- Price - about $10-$12 at a drugstore. Some people pointed out that they find it kind of pricey for a drugstore product, but I think that for the quality, it is worth every penny and could easily beat some high-end expensive brands.
- I got the trio for hazel eyes, even if I have green eyes but oh well, mommy didn't notice haha. Let's hope she just didn't notice the label and that she knows what her daughter's eye color is haha.
- It comes with a little brush, but yeah...Not a big surprise that I probably won't be using it much, even though it's ok, the swatches were made using that brush it's just that typical not so good brush that they throw in with a product. But the way I see it, I'm getting it for the gel liners so no stress.
- I find the packaging really cool & practical. You can detach each little pot with the gel liner to take them individually or stack them on together ( like Lego haha). It's also great cause when you open it, you can attach the lid at the bottom so you won't lose it.
-It comes in pack of 3 and I've heard some people compain that they'd like to have the neutral colors like black and brown separate, since they find some of the colors daring or don't really feel like pulling off a colored eye-liner. I understand that and also would welcome a separate black, but since I can still find use for these as cream shadows, I don't complain.